There is a dream, that came into the dreamworld in June 2014, when considering how to survive from this ever-changing world, that has changed almost everything about myself, and about my world. My identity as a “Melanesian” person is now changed into “a Christian”, “a West Papuan”, “a Papua New Guinean”, “a Solomon Islander”, “a Fijian”, “a ni-Vanuatu”, and “a Kanak”. I am not Melanesian anymore.
I did have my original name, my original identity, my native self-image. But that has changed.
This followed by the change of my own language. Now I speak and write in English, before I was only speaking my vernacular. My children do not speak their own mother-tongue. They speak “Tok Pisin” or the “Language of the Bird”, and other regional languages such as English and Bahasa (from Indonesia).
Finally, I know my self-image will be wiped out, in totality. The identity of my grand-children will NOT be Melanesian, will NOT connected to my home-village in Iruari Village, Bogia, Madang Province.
This is the reality we are facing today.
This is the reason why I decided to promote a dream of “Putting Melanesia Online”, by inviting all Melanesian names:
- All villages
- All valleys
- All mountains
- All family names
- All clan names
- All tribal names
- All spiritual names
All of them “Go Online”, registered as domain names.
Since 2014 I have fought for making all Melanesia to “Go Online”, but I am not getting the green light from various government officials, and community leaders across Melanesia.
It is already five years now, since 2014, but I know that this is just a dream, and therefore it needs time to get into this real world.
It is already give years now since 2014, but I know that this is just a starting point, there is a long way to go yet, and finally all Melanesia will Go Online.
That is why, I have so far registered myself, with resources that I have with me, the following domain names:
- gomelanesia.com (To get Melanesia Online)
- 1tokexpress.com (to facitate Melanesians shop Aliexpress.com products online, with www.wantokexpress.com) and wantokzon.com (for purchasing Amazon.com products)
- wamena.net (Wamena, West Papua)
- yahoonline.com (Yako Village, Vanimo)
- lani.one (Lani Tribe, West Papua)
- walak.one (Walak Tribe, West Papua)
- melanesia.news (Melanesia News Updates)
- melanesia.business (Melanesia Business News)
- melanesiamart.com (Melaensian Online entrepreneurship)
- melanesia.one (Melanesia-hood and Melanesia-ism)
- melanesia.us (Melanesia Healing Centre)
I have bought some domains specific Melanesian names but I cannot continue extending the payment for these domain names:
and many others that I cannot mention in this post.
My prayer is that all Melanesian governments; West Papua, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Bougainville, Fiji, Vanuatu and Kanaky will support this initiative, and finally we will have our own domain extension called “dot mela”